Help us expand our home-based peer support program for families with new babies!We are thrilled to announce that Parenting Village has been awarded a Possibility Grant by the Max and Marian Farash Charitable Foundation to support a pilot of our Nurture program — our home-based peer support program for families with new babies in the Rochester community.
What is Nurture?
- A FREE, home-based peer support program for families with new babies
- Support is offered over 3 months, during any 3-month period in the baby’s first year of life
- Peer support is provided by trained volunteers who are passionate about supporting families with a new baby
- Parent-driven, where we ask parents what would be most helpful to them
- Why? Because we know that the time after a baby’s birth can be intense for families. Parenting Village honors the energy required to bring a child into the world, and we seek to nurture the parents who undertake this vital responsibility.
- hold your newborn so you can shower and rest
- attend to needs of older siblings
- help with basic household tasks
- go for a walk with you and your little one(s)
- assist with diapering, feeding or soothing baby
If your family would like to enroll in Parenting Village’s Nurture program, click here to complete our Family Application.
Would you like to help Nurture and support a family? Click here to complete our Nurture Volunteer Application.
Once your application is reviewed you will be contacted by the Nurture Program Coordinator to schedule a volunteer interview, register for our Nurture Volunteer Training and to start the background check process.
If you have any questions about Parenting Village’s Nurture program, please contact Shawna Peterson, Nurture Program Coordinator at 716-320-0452 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“The volunteers helped me to relax and find confidence within the unpredictability and fast-paced transition of motherhood.” -Nurture participant